I think everyone must have at least one striped item in their closet, am I right? Besides being a wardrobe staple, the stripe print continues to be one of the hot trends of the Spring Summer 2017. From the classic French black & white stripes to coloured stripes, to those 60’s and 70’s inspired retro stripes, to horizontal, vertical and anything in between – ALL stripes are in. The trick is how to choose the right stripe for us?
You all know I love minimal fashion and whenever I am looking to inject a little print into my wardrobe – I like to turn to stripes. And this Spring/Summer also a must floral print but about it later:)
I’m utterly obsessed with the timeless, classic appeal of a great stripe. The best part of this trend, it is totally wearable fashion trend.
So how to wear them?
– The basic form of wearing stripes is simply pairing a striped knit or any other top with a pair of skinny jeans. Since the stripes already become visual, you can break the tone down by choosing black or white denim. I opted out for white destroyed pair of cropped jeans.
– Go vertical. Vertical stripes create the illusion of length. They are perfect for gals on the shorter side or for any area that you want to lengthen, slim or elongate. I am 5’10 so guess I am safe here:)
– Pay attention to the width and placement of stripes. Different stripe widths play a role in creating an optical illusion. For example, f you have wide hips you don’t want to place wide horizontal stripes in that area.
– Stay away from head to toe stripes. A striped top is better paired with a solid bottom and likewise a striped bottom is better with a solid top.
– Experiment with coloured stripes! There are so many fun coloured stripe prints, spring is the time to bring them out!
Are you going to get any striped wardrobe staples this season?