ZARA grey bell sleeve knit: similar / MAJE leather pants : similar / CELINE Audrey sunglasses / DANIEL WELLINGTON Classic Sheffield watch / CHANEL classic flapbag / ISABEL MARANT ETOILE Nowles boots / MANSUR GAVRIEL pouch (included in MG bucket bag)
It is not so long ago since I launched my blog and ever since then, I have met many so many wonderful people and even made unexpected friendships. So first of all, thank you for all your love – without you it wouldn’t be possible. You make me inspired to do more every day.
I thought it would be nice to write a little bit more about me so you can get to know me better. I myself always enjoy reading more personal posts, they just show us in the real human not always perfect light. Because don’t we all look perfect on Instagram:)
So here are my 6 random facts for these 6 months my blog has seen the day of light:
1. I grew up in Prague, Czech Republic as an only child (plus one dog). My family is small but we are super close. I traveled a lot, lived in California, almost moved to Brasil, and finally ended up in Paris, France. I moved for a new job and a new love to the city of lights which constantly inspires me. Now I am married and have a baby girl Emma who just turned 18 months. And yes, some of you might have glanced at my recent pictures (more here) – I am also 7 months pregnant with another baby girl! #girlpower
2. Before becoming a mama, I worked more than 10 years in marketing and advertising for many international brands. However I have been always dreaming about being my own boss, constantly looking for creative outlets and for what I am really passionate about. I love photography and I have to admit I am enjoying blogging more than I thought!
3. Some of you might know – my name is Sharka. The most un-international name for an international girl (thanks Mom). In my country this name comes from a legend where Sharka was a leader of woman war against men. And then she tricked them and woman won:) I constantly struggled with my name, especially living abroad for most of my life because noone understands it when I introduce myself. Sharka – huh? Yes – my name is Sharka like a shark.
3. As I moved a lot in my 2o-ties, now I cannot wait to settle down with my family. We just bought a house (now only the dog is missing) and I cannot wait to start this new chapter in our lives! We will be going away from Paris but we still have family here so I’ll be back very often:)
4. I am quite a series maniac. I prefer series over movies because I just love the thrill of watching (as quick as possible) episode by episode. My ideal lazy weekend would be in my PJs in bed, with a new series and bunch of snacks. That’s all I could ask for:) When you have kids all of these weekends are far gone though!
5. Talking about food, my favourite is sushi and I am an expert on salads – with whatever you can imagine. My friends call me the salad master:) I also love bread which I prefer over a dessert. Thank God for French boulangeries!
And I am a girl who never says no to bubbles. Also thank you France for the best champagnes in the world!
6. I am deadly scared of rats. Yes. You can throw a snake or spider at me and I wont say a thing but just a thought about a rat makes me want to run for my life!
I hope you got through my little introduction and I did not bore you to death:) If you have any questions or insights – I would love to answer in comments below!
Have a great weekend everyone!