44 In Blog

6 RANDOM FACTS

ZARA grey bell sleeve knit: similar / MAJE leather pants : similar / CELINE Audrey sunglasses / DANIEL WELLINGTON  Classic Sheffield watch / CHANEL classic flapbag / ISABEL MARANT ETOILE Nowles boots / MANSUR GAVRIEL pouch (included in MG bucket bag)

It is not so long ago since I launched my blog and ever since then, I have met many so many wonderful people and even made unexpected friendships. So first of all, thank you for all your love – without you it wouldn’t be possible. You make me inspired to do more every day.

I thought it would be nice to write a little bit more about me so you can get to know me better. I myself always enjoy reading more personal posts, they just show us in the real human not always perfect light. Because don’t we all look perfect on Instagram:)

So here are my 6 random facts for these 6 months my blog has seen the day of light:

1. I grew up in Prague, Czech Republic as an only child (plus one dog). My family is small but we are super close. I traveled a lot, lived in California, almost moved to Brasil, and finally ended up in Paris, France. I moved for a new job and a new love to the city of lights which constantly inspires me. Now I am married and have a baby girl Emma who just turned 18 months. And yes, some of you might have glanced at my recent pictures (more here) – I am also 7 months pregnant with another baby girl! #girlpower

2. Before becoming a mama, I worked more than 10 years in marketing and advertising for many international brands. However I have been always dreaming about being my own boss, constantly looking for creative outlets and for what I am really passionate about. I love photography and I have to admit I am enjoying blogging more than I thought!

3. Some of you might know – my name is Sharka. The most un-international name for an international girl (thanks Mom). In my country this name comes from a legend where Sharka was a leader of woman war against men. And then she tricked them and woman won:) I constantly struggled with my name, especially living abroad for most of my life because noone understands it when I introduce myself. Sharka – huh? Yes – my name is Sharka like a shark.

3. As I moved a lot in my 2o-ties, now I cannot wait to settle down with my family. We just bought a house (now only the dog is missing) and I cannot wait to start this new chapter in our lives! We will be going away from Paris but we still have family here so I’ll be back very often:)

4.  I am quite a series maniac. I prefer series over movies because I just love the thrill of watching (as quick as possible) episode by episode. My ideal lazy weekend would be in my PJs in bed, with a new series and bunch of snacks. That’s all I could ask for:) When you have kids all of these weekends are far gone though!

5. Talking about food, my favourite is sushi and I am an expert on salads – with whatever you can imagine. My friends call me the salad master:) I also love bread which I prefer over a dessert. Thank God for French boulangeries!

And I am a girl who never says no to bubbles. Also thank you France for the best champagnes in the world!

6. I am deadly scared of rats. Yes. You can throw a snake or spider at me and I wont say a thing but just a thought about a rat makes me want to run for my life!

I hope you got through my little introduction and I did not bore you to death:) If you have any questions or insights – I would love to answer in comments below!

Have a great weekend everyone!

44 Comments

livinginclips
    23/03/2017 at 3:33 pm

Love that you got more personal this time ! loved reading this and finding out more about you.

Miki (@mikialamode)
    24/03/2017 at 12:48 am

I love this! I didn’t even originally know you were in Paris until after I returned from my trip there. Maybe I’ll run into you somewhere else in the world. I actually really like your name. It’s unique and I love the warrior story behind it! Haha… rats scare me too, but I’m more afraid of bugs.

Xo,
    Miki

25/03/2017 at 5:35 pm

Thank you my sweet Miki! I also saw you were actually just near me after you returned! Next time then 🙂 kisses and thank you for lovely comment

Susan
    25/03/2017 at 5:55 pm

Love this post! I always enjoy reading more personal things about my favourite bloggers! And I love your name BTW!

27/03/2017 at 9:44 am

Thanks Susan, that’s very sweet! kisses Sharka

Anonymous
    25/03/2017 at 9:36 pm

Amazing outfit I need all of these items especially the bag!

27/03/2017 at 9:44 am

Thank you so much! xoxo

Christine Kong
    27/03/2017 at 12:29 am

First off, congrats on your second pregnancy! How exciting that you are having another girl. I have two girls (and a boy) and they are 18 months apart and while they fight a lot, they also are the best of friends too. You look amazing and that tiny bump is too cute. I love hearing about you and getting to know you better. I love Paris as well and wish I could go there more often. This sweater is one of my favs and I am a huge fan of your style. xoxo, Christine

27/03/2017 at 9:46 am

Thanks Christine! I am over the moon:) I cannot wait to see them together! Merci for such a nice comment, it means a lot! Love your style too, needless to say! kisses babe

Paulina
    27/03/2017 at 2:58 am

Loved learning new things about you! I could relate to some of your points. especially about traveling and the name. People trying to say my Polish last name (Szczepanska) out loud is definitely a great conversation starter… and laugh!
    Were in California did you live?

xoxo from NorCal!

Paulina

27/03/2017 at 9:48 am

Haha I thought so! At least your first name is international:))) I lived in southern Cali – San Diego, loved it so much….I miss it…thanks for comment babe!

pipesnbuttons
    27/03/2017 at 5:47 am

Wow it was really great getting to know you! Congrats on two baby girls! I always love asking people the history and origin of their name. I think Sharka is beautiful and unique and it has such a powerful meaning and story behind it. How lovely! I’m not a salad master, but I do love it a lot!!

27/03/2017 at 9:49 am

Awww thanks hun! My name is definitely an ice breaker in any conversation I had haha! Thank you for very sweet comment! xoxo Sharka

Emilie
    27/03/2017 at 9:33 am

Amazing post, love the pictures! Your outfit is amazing, I cant believe you are pregnant!
    More posts like this, love knowing more about you Sharka:)

27/03/2017 at 9:52 am

Thank you Emilie! That’s super nice of you, will try for more like this, xoxo

@queenhorsfall (@queenhorsfall)
    27/03/2017 at 4:47 pm

it is quite fun to know you, I would never ever think that you are from beautiful country, I have a friend who is married to girl from Czech Republic and to be honest we hate her LOL, not because where she is coming from, because she is so weird and rude. I have been in Zcech Republic before and loved it, can’t wait to travel there again!

28/03/2017 at 12:12 pm

Haha well shame on her then making my country look bad lol 🙂 I am from Prague and this is just a must to visit, so happy you have been! xoxo babe

The Style Contour
    27/03/2017 at 8:57 pm

This was such a great read, girlie, I loved getting to know you more with these facts! Wow, you almost moved to Brazil?! That’s amazing how much you’ve traveled and how destiny brought you to Paris and now you have a growing family. it’s amazing how life plays out, isn’t it!? I loved also getting to know the meaning behind your name, which is so stinkin cool, even more so that you’re starting your own little tribe of girls, haha! Thanks for sharing, girlie, and I hope you have a great week ahead!

XO,

Jalisa

28/03/2017 at 12:14 pm

Aww thanks my dear! Yeah I was out and about in the world and now in Paris with a girl tribe haha:) thanks for lovely comment Jalisa

Rina
    28/03/2017 at 2:31 am

I loved getting to know you a little better! I’m so interested in learning where you will be moving too! I will be visiting Paris in June will you still be around at that time? Congrats on purchasing your first home with your family babe! There is no better feeling or accomplishment than doing so! It’s also really neat that you have a background in marketing and advertising, really helps with blogging I bet!

xoxo
    Rina Samantha

28/03/2017 at 12:16 pm

I will be in full mode of moving that time, while having a baby on my hands:) not stressed at all lol 🙂 when in June hun, depends on your dates? Let me know! xoxo

Lisa Valerie Morgan
    29/03/2017 at 6:59 am

I love this post! Congratulations on your move and the new baby on the way. I visited your hometown Praque a few years ago and it was beautiful!

xo,

Lisa

29/03/2017 at 1:30 pm

Thanks Lisa! I am so happy you liked it:) While living in Paris I always thought of Prague as “little Paris” because of its charm. xoxo Thank you for comment!

Debbie Savage
    30/03/2017 at 7:14 pm

I love this! You are so fun, unique and have a lot of life experience!!! Thank you so much for sharing this! I do enjoy your blog A LOT!
    xo Debbie | http://www.tothineownstylebetrue.com

02/04/2017 at 8:58 am

Thanks Debbie! This means a lot to hear that:) kisses Sharka

Nati
    30/03/2017 at 7:31 pm

It’s so nice to know a little more about you! Congratulations on your pregnancy, and I wish you all the happiness in the world ♥

02/04/2017 at 9:11 am

Thank you Nati! kisses to you and have a great Sunday!

madhami
    31/03/2017 at 4:19 am

Love this personal post! Also, a HUGE thank you to France for Champagne – i am so on board with this! xo

05/04/2017 at 8:50 am

Thank you dear! I really miss bubbles but soon I will celebrate every weekend with it lol.
      Merci for stopping by and leaving lovely comment.
      xo Sharka

Natalia K
    31/03/2017 at 6:29 am

Thanks for sharing this with us,
    I love learning more about my fellow bloggers.
    I think your Name is really cool and unique!
    Xo,
    Natalia

05/04/2017 at 8:53 am

Thanks Nat! I am fighting with it all my life so means a lot you think its nice:)))
      kisses Sharka

Jacqueline neves
    01/04/2017 at 5:30 pm

I have a Chanel classic flap too! I have the jumbo in caviar leather with gold hardware though! Love it so much

05/04/2017 at 8:55 am

I love the caviar leather, I have to say it is definitely more resistant so you will keep your chanel baby in amazing condition:)
      Thank you for lovely comment, xoxo Sharka

Ash
    03/04/2017 at 4:29 pm

This was much fun to read! I am also dead scared of rats but through in anything which crawls or flies into the mix. Just kill me already, I already knew your name was sharka – the meaning is quite interesting! Plus only child? I can’t imagine. I am one out of 5!

Ash | http://www.theashtreejournal.com

05/04/2017 at 11:56 am

Im so happy to hear that thanks Ash:) I cannot image having 4 siblings! I have to say my mom was super strict with me so I am definitely not one of the spoiled only children:)
      kisses Sharka

Itzy
    07/04/2017 at 6:51 am

So great to learn more about you! Thanks for sharing babe!!

xx,
    Itzy
    Lebellagypsy.com

Naomi Trevino
    08/04/2017 at 4:40 am

Sounds like you have had great adventure! Congrats on expecting another bundle of joy!

08/04/2017 at 1:32 pm

Thanks Naomi:-) this year will be busy! :-)))

foeoe
    08/04/2017 at 11:18 am

aw dear this look is so cute! love the bump-pic!
    and totally adore the facts about you – how amazing is your name and its meaning!!! really stunning

xx
    bianca

08/04/2017 at 1:34 pm

Thank you Bianca, that means a lot:) because I really struggle with this name lol
      Have a great weekend!
      xoxo Sharka

nikkilivinglife
    09/04/2017 at 2:48 pm

Great post and nice learning about you. Thank you for sharing. Your name is so cool!!! I grew up in KwaZulu Natal in South Africa – also home to the legend King Sharka Zulu. You one one cool chick with awesome style.

Xx
    Nikki

THE CHIC VIBE
      09/04/2017 at 7:34 pm

Thanks babe! That’s so nice to hear;) I adore South Africa and I already hear about kind Sharka, it made me proud:))
      kisses thank you for lovely comment!