29 In Blog

BALANCING IN AND OUT

ZAFUL chunky bell sleeve sweater / MAJE leather pants : similar / CELINE Audrey sunglasses / DANIEL WELLINGTON  Classic Sheffield watch / CHANEL classic flapbag / ISABEL MARANT ETOILE Nowles boots

Balance…. such a simple word yet it takes hard work. Balance in life is not something you randomly decide to have, it is something you need to create for yourself.

Sometimes you just need to step outside, get some fresh air and remind yourself who you are and where are you headed. Finding balance in small things in life makes you prepared for the big things.

Becoming a mom is a ground breaking period in woman’s life and you can easily get lost in your daily (and nightly) routine. Especially the first year!   It just adds on so much on the top of your normal life, if you work, your free time is suddenly dedicated to your kids and you sometimes wonder – where did my ME time go? This is my personal struggle and I one day realized, I have lost my balance. Suddenly, you do everything for others and there are not so many hours of the day to find time for yourself.

But – even if you don’t have kids, you can easily get lost in your job, helping others around you, forgetting that you – selfishly – deserve and need time to decompress.

If you have too much going on in your life, simply learn to ask for help. Let the others to return the favours back to you too and plan your selfish little you time based on your preferences at least once a week. I love taking a half day to go and discover new places in Paris, having lunches with my girls, going for a run or if I am utterly tired – taking the time being alone and watching a movie.

Taking time to live life will only inspire your work!

Details of my look:

*ZAFUL chunky bell sleeve sweater (get it here

*MAJE leather pants (get similar here)

* CELINE Audrey sunglasses (get here)

*DANIEL WELLINGTON  Classic Sheffield watch (get it here)

*CHANEL classic flapbag (get similar here)

*ISABEL MARANT ETOILE Nowles boots (get them here)

29 Comments

Rina
    21/02/2017 at 7:09 am

It’s so true! It’s very important to have your me time because when you neglect to take care of yourself, it makes it extremely hard to care for others! Love that you’ll see a movie alone. I love doing things alone too, usually shopping though lol!

xoxo
    Rina Samantha

THE CHIC VIBE
      21/02/2017 at 5:44 pm

I love shopping alone, no distractions! Thanks for your lovely comment babe! kisses

Vettae-Fee Kling
    22/02/2017 at 11:33 pm

That’s a nice outfit. Casual and i love how the black looks beautiful on you :-). Have a nice evening.

XoXo – Vettae

rainatalks
    23/02/2017 at 1:34 am

I’m so in love with all black looks!

THE CHIC VIBE
      24/02/2017 at 3:18 pm

Thanks babe! I am such a all black everything girl:) kisses

Everest says
    24/02/2017 at 5:49 pm

I love your outfit! although it is an all black outfit but you make the textures and the layers make it look so much more interesting!
    I can’t agree more with you that we are responsible for seeking our own balance in life. I hear too many times people complaining about not having time for themselves but they do not want to do anything for themselves to get some balance and sanity back to their lives!

cheers!
    everest

THE CHIC VIBE
      25/02/2017 at 9:49 pm

Thank you so much for your sweet comment babe! I was going for the texture detail so thank you for the compliment xoxo

Lisa Valerie Morgan
    25/02/2017 at 11:25 pm

Love this all black look! Such a cute sweater and bag.

xo,

Lisa

thechicvibe
      26/02/2017 at 11:11 am

Thank you Lisa, I love the texture game:) xoxo

Paulina Szczepanska
    26/02/2017 at 1:01 am

I’m learning all the time how to balance it all! I can only imagine how it is once you become a mom!

xoxo from California!

Paulina

thechicvibe
      26/02/2017 at 11:12 am

I know sweetie! Be ready:) lol, kisses from Paris:)

Debbie Savage
    27/02/2017 at 3:14 am

I agree with you how important it is to spend quality time on your own. My favorite ways to spend alone time is at the gym and dining by myself! I love your outfit here too! You are a babe!
    xo Debbie | http://www.tothineownstylebetrue.com

thechicvibe
      27/02/2017 at 2:15 pm

Thanks Debbie! I think we are very much alike:) I can actually imagine to go on holidays all by myself too:)
      kisses

Miki (@mikialamode)
    28/02/2017 at 12:01 am

Great all black outfit. I love the Chanel bag. I love to socialize but when it comes to winding down, having a good massage is wonderful. I used to go to the spa every month and now go for a simple massage instead. Gym time is good too. I try to go 4-6 days a week. It always feels so good! Always gotta make time for yourself. Life is short and I’ve only learned to slow down a little bit over the last 2 years because of my husband. >.<

Xo,
    Miki

thechicvibe
      01/03/2017 at 2:38 pm

Exactly Miki, I am with you:) I love going to the gym or for a run to blow off the steam and get the endorphines flowing. Massage is perfect for relaxation, I should go more often!
      kisses

Aldora
    28/02/2017 at 6:11 am

The Zaful bell sleeve sweater looks amazing on u hun! And I so agree that our ME time has to be given to us by ourselves cuz if we don’t find time to decompress, we never will! I’m procrastinating on having kids for fear that I’ll lose my ME time but looking at how you manage your time, guess my worries are too exaggerated 😂 thanks so much for sharing xx

thechicvibe
      01/03/2017 at 2:49 pm

Thank you my dear Aldora:) It is very hard when you have kids, especially at the beginning but everything can be managed! I always feel like OMG this will be impossible how I will be able to do it – but then at the end it always works out – if we want – everything is possible! kisses babe

Nati
    28/02/2017 at 3:38 pm

Balancing it is so necessary! I’m a mom of two and my youngest child is only 18 months old, plus I’m expat, that means all my closest family and friends are thousands of miles again, finding ME time gets very difficult at times!
    BTW y9our outfit is so cool

thechicvibe
      01/03/2017 at 2:52 pm

Thanks love, mine is 17 months and also -family miles away from us, it is challenging but we need to get to our ME time sometimes or we loose it:)

Bee
    01/03/2017 at 9:51 am

That sweater is giving me life.
    I love how you’ve styled it.

thechicvibe
      01/03/2017 at 2:52 pm

Thanks dear Bee, love the flare sleeves and the comfy chunkyness:)

Ana
    01/03/2017 at 3:49 pm

This is perfect sweater I need to have! I love the dramatic sleeves and the textures:)

thechicvibe
      06/03/2017 at 11:15 am

Thanks Ana, it is perfect and so soft too:) xoxo

Joyce
    01/03/2017 at 3:58 pm

I love you style and the photos are amazing. I want everything you are wearing, that sweater is a show stopper. Gorgeous styling, looking forward to read more about your looks!

thechicvibe
      06/03/2017 at 11:17 am

Thank you for such a lovely comment, soon more on spring looks:) stay tuned babe! kisses

Naomi Trevino
    02/03/2017 at 6:18 am

Such a good post and it went perfect with the mood of the outfit!

Virna Gambini
    08/03/2017 at 5:37 pm

I had balance, not the best one, but one that worked. Changes happened and now I need to find a new balance… It’s definitely not an easy thing to do!

thechicvibe
      09/03/2017 at 10:21 am

I know! And when kids come, even worse! We need to do extra effort to find it back:) kisses